Hello and happy new Month!
Am sure we all know this, but do you know that snacking constitutes up to 30% of our daily chewing?
Just like Breakfast, lunch, dinner, we ought to look at our snacking much closer.
Snacking is the only ‘meal we do not pay much attention to, but if you ever wondered how you manage to put on weight while religiously planning your other meals, check your snacking.
Below are few tips to snack better.
Eat more often
You’ve heard it before. Yes, you’ve got to eat more often during the day. The question is how, do you eat more often? In the same way that you have set times for your meals, you can decide in advance your snacking times during the day. You can snack as much as you want provided that you know the following:
- from your own observations, how many times do you snack a day?
- Are you snacking because you are genuinely hungry or are you bored or can this feeling of hunger be dissipated by a glass of water or coffee?
- what are you gaining from your snacking? sugar hit, more calories or actual nutrients?
- Are you pursuing a better snacking life or just want to eat less of what you are currently eating?
- Decide in advance and pack you snack portions for each of your snack breaks.
What you gain
Even if you do not change what you are going to eat during your snack breaks, just looking closely at point 1-5 above will help you to reflect on your eating habits. By planning properly, you will:
- waste less time choosing your snacking at breaktime,
- you save on £££,
- you will be more relaxed during your break and actually have a break,
- you’ll be able to differentiate the types of hunger you are dealing with throughout the day,
- you will become more aware of the junk you actually consume on a daily basis and reduce it.
If you are actually going to pay more attention to your snacking, you may as well make them beneficial to your body right?
COVID had made us more conscious of the importance of our health, 22% more people have switched to a more plant-based diet since the beginning of the pandemic. Health food shop with online deliveries have performed much better than the rest as people took their diet under the microscope; We’ve now realised that our Pre-COVID diet left us naked as the pandemic hit our lives. We want to be ready if anything else shows up.
So, here are few recommendations for you.
for a better snacking life, plan your snack time and stick to it as much as you can.
- Your snacks are an opportunity to drip feed nutrients to our bodies, so choose snack that can help you build up: Natural snacks like nuts & seeds enhanced with natural flavouring and colouring.
- only take to your desk the snacks you have prepared for the day, sealed in individual portions.
- subscribe to a healthy snack box. That way, you know it is coming every month, all you have to do now is learning to be patient until is time to open a new package.
- However many snack you plan a day, do pack a little extra for the time you failed to resist.
Hope all the above are useful to you. Do you have any tips on snacking that you’d like to share with the readers?
Will you be adopting any of the tips above? Please do let me know.
If you can, please do follow Miss Nang Treats on Instagam @miss-nang for more on these topics.
Do join us for Instagram live on Sunday7th March at 6pm. See you there.